Baltimore, Maryland--With the economy tanking and a record one in six Americans taking part in various government anti-poverty programs, the Six Flags amusement park announced the opening of it's latest roller coaster.
"It's called the Obamarator," said a park spokeswoman, who said it consists of a winding but ever low-spiraling ride in cars fitted with video screens showing the latest economic indicators.
"With the latest data showing Medicaid enrollment at record highs even before 16 million people are added by the ObamaCare law in 2014, a 50% rise in food stamp participants, a 400% increase in those receiving unemployment insurance, and an 18% increase in the welfare rolls," said the spokeswoman, "we didn't have to do much more to make this one of the most frightening Six Flags coasters ever."
One man who rode on the coaster's maiden run said "After the very first turn -- where you see that Medicaid costs have jumped 36% in two years to $273 billion, jobless benefits soared from $43 billion to $160 billion, and food stamp and welfare costs have risen 80% and 24% -- I almost lost my lunch."
Associated articles: USA Today; New York Daily News
- Bad Nanny-State Ideas Traced to Ban on Incandescen...
- Early American Custody Agreement Puts Paternity of...
- Contemporary Urban Graffiti
- Six Flags Opens New Obama-Themed Roller Coaster
- First Prize at Local Science Fair Goes to Student ...
- Santa Asks Kids to Give Back This Year
- No Labels Groups Unveils New Clothing Label
- Obama Defends His Divinity Against Church and Stat...
- Obama Assures Nation: "I Come in Peace"
- Santa Gives Nation the Gift of Coal After Defeat o...
- Judge Orders Christmas Depictions of Jesus Replace...
- ▼ December (12)