Everywhere, USA--After the Democrats suffered historic defeats at the polls last November, Santa Claus announced all Americans would be getting "the gift of precious coal" as it became clear plans for draconian energy taxes would be scrapped.
Back in 2008, then-candidate for Presient Barack Obama said of his energy policies: "If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted."
"But coal provides usable energy at much less than a quarter of the cost of either oil or natural gas," said Santa, "and 50 percent of the energy produced in the United States comes from coal. I'm pleased to say that the American voters were very good this year because they rejected candidates who wanted to dramatically increase their energy costs in return for relatively few demonstrable benefits."
Monday, December 6, 2010
- Bad Nanny-State Ideas Traced to Ban on Incandescen...
- Early American Custody Agreement Puts Paternity of...
- Contemporary Urban Graffiti
- Six Flags Opens New Obama-Themed Roller Coaster
- First Prize at Local Science Fair Goes to Student ...
- Santa Asks Kids to Give Back This Year
- No Labels Groups Unveils New Clothing Label
- Obama Defends His Divinity Against Church and Stat...
- Obama Assures Nation: "I Come in Peace"
- Santa Gives Nation the Gift of Coal After Defeat o...
- Judge Orders Christmas Depictions of Jesus Replace...
- ▼ December (12)