Washington, D.C.--The group "No Labels" -- led by a group of former politicians who lost reelection and a host of largely uninfluential political commentators -- unveiled a new clothing line to garner attention for its mission of removing intellectual consistency from political discourse.
"By hyping the often trivial common ground between those who believe government must enforce its vision of justice and those who believe personal fulfillment is best achieved through individual responsibility and the voluntary interaction of free people," said a No Labels spokesperson, "we hope to foster a self-righteous sense of civility designed to suppress exposure of the contradictions that inevitably underlie attempts to compromise on fundamental issues."
Founded on the principle that "defending principle is indefensible," the No Labels clothing line aims at making "totally vapid totally cool."
Associated article: Slate
- Bad Nanny-State Ideas Traced to Ban on Incandescen...
- Early American Custody Agreement Puts Paternity of...
- Contemporary Urban Graffiti
- Six Flags Opens New Obama-Themed Roller Coaster
- First Prize at Local Science Fair Goes to Student ...
- Santa Asks Kids to Give Back This Year
- No Labels Groups Unveils New Clothing Label
- Obama Defends His Divinity Against Church and Stat...
- Obama Assures Nation: "I Come in Peace"
- Santa Gives Nation the Gift of Coal After Defeat o...
- Judge Orders Christmas Depictions of Jesus Replace...
- ▼ December (12)