Washington, D.C.--In what White House officials called "an unprecedented gesture of good will and in a spirit of compromise," President Obama said at a bipartisan meeting on Capitol Hill today that he would limit his support to bills that are 1,500 pages long and control only an additional 7% of the U.S. economy.
"Some are complaining because legislation I signed into law ran into the many thousands of pages and controlled an additional tenth of the national's privately-held resources," said Obama. "I'm willing to look beyond the past, and push forward with policies that grow the government by one-seventh at a time."
Associated article: Fox News
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
- In Compromise Offer to Republicans, Obama Agrees t...
- What Do YOU Think?
- Costs of Lack of Interest Projected to Swamp Costs...
- Obama to Embark on National Listening Tour; Presid...
- Turkey Pardons Obama
- Lost Dog
- Congress Requires 20% Gratuity for Taxpayers of Ei...
- Work Begins on "Mount Rush More" to Honor American...
- Classic Remakes
- Advisers Recommend Obama Scale Back Efforts to Tea...
- Election 2010: Won One for the Sipper
- Election Condolence Card
- The Joker's Latest Scheme (click image to enlarge)...
- Post-Election Headlines
- More Post-Election Headlines
- Obama Tours Destruction of Own Party Left in Wake ...
- Election Day: Time to Choose
- New Democrat Public Service Ad
- ▼ November (20)