Washington, D.C.--President Obama signed federal legislation yesterday, passed by the lame duck Democrat-controlled Congress, that requires a 20% gratuity from taxpayers of eight or more.
The Obama Administration and the Democrat-controlled Congress have long expressed its frustration that Americans have been insufficiently grateful for the massive new government programs they recently enacted, but this is the first time the law has been codified to correct that perceived inadequacy.
At the signing ceremony, Obama said "It's just not fair that subjective assessments of the government's performance can leave millions of federal bureaucrats without the compensation they deserve for their service."
Congressional Democrats said the gratuity mandate was necessary because "in a country of over 300 million people, it's just too hard for citizens in large groups to avoid their fiscal responsibility."
Friday, November 19, 2010
- In Compromise Offer to Republicans, Obama Agrees t...
- What Do YOU Think?
- Costs of Lack of Interest Projected to Swamp Costs...
- Obama to Embark on National Listening Tour; Presid...
- Turkey Pardons Obama
- Lost Dog
- Congress Requires 20% Gratuity for Taxpayers of Ei...
- Work Begins on "Mount Rush More" to Honor American...
- Classic Remakes
- Advisers Recommend Obama Scale Back Efforts to Tea...
- Election 2010: Won One for the Sipper
- Election Condolence Card
- The Joker's Latest Scheme (click image to enlarge)...
- Post-Election Headlines
- More Post-Election Headlines
- Obama Tours Destruction of Own Party Left in Wake ...
- Election Day: Time to Choose
- New Democrat Public Service Ad
- ▼ November (20)