Friday, April 9, 2010

One-Fifth of Living Constitution to Retire at End of Supreme Court Term

Washington, D.C.--Today, one-fifth of the "Living Constitution" announced its retirement at the end of the Supreme Court's current term, as Justice John Paul Stevens said he would step down. Stevens, along with several other Justices, is a proponent of the of the notion that the meaning of the Constitution can change with the moods of each generation of Supreme Court Justices, as if the Constitution were a "living, breathing document."

"Although I take with me my portion of the Court's collective preferences," said one-fifth of the Living Constitution, "I fully expect that, in my place, President Obama will appoint another fitting vessel for the Supreme Borg who will help filter its understanding of what the Constitution should say. Resistance is futile."

Associated article: Associated Press

Blog Archive