For the first time in its 40-year history, the federal National Endowment for the Arts convened a conference call to launch a government project encouraging artists to promote the Obama Administration's policies on health care and energy issues.
Throughout the conversation, artists were reminded of their ability to “shape the lives” of others. They did not need to be reminded that the NEA is the country's largest annual funder of the arts.
Following the call, the White House unveiled a series of government-funded paintings designed to "show how awesome their government benefactor is."
Obama formally announced the new program at the unveiling ceremony, stating "We've drawn many of our most hallowed traditions from England, including our common law legal system and, most recently, socialized medicine. Today we institute in America the old English system of royal patronage for the arts in which creative people are funded by the government to promote the grandeur of its blessed monarchs."
Hip up-and-coming artists embraced the opportunity. "Thanks to this government program," said one, "sucking up is cool again."
Associated articles: http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pcourrielche/2009/08/25/the-national-endowment-for-the-art-of-persuasion-patrick-courrielche/; http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pcourrielche/2009/09/08/update-the-nea-and-mainstream-media-remain-silent/
Saturday, August 29, 2009
- December (12)
- November (20)
- October (21)
- September (22)
- August (22)
- July (24)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (25)
- March (48)
- February (30)
- January (34)
- December (29)
- November (24)
- October (38)
- September (19)
- Justice Department Releases Woodcut Depicting CIA ...
- Obama Announces Creation of Royal Arts Patronage P...
- Religious Leaders Convene Emergency Gathering to R...
- Democrats' Health Care Plan Fails to Account for C...
- Obama Announces New Debt Reduction Program; Presid...
- Federal Trade Commission Launches Investigation In...
- Obama Transfers Terrorists Out of "Legal Black Hol...
- Members of Congress Who Skipped August Town Hall M...
- Obama Justice Department Joins with New Black Pant...
- Obama “Goes Postal” on Health Care Plan; Appoints ...
- Less Obscure Obama Batman Villain Posters Appear o...
- Speaker Pelosi Vows to Stop Spread of "Nazi Zombie...
- White House Requests People Email It "Fishy" Healt...
- Former Community Organizer Condemns Community Orga...
- Obama May Supplement Wind and Solar Power with Nuc...
- Surreal Film of Beer Summit Captures Footage of Bi...
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (6)
- January (5)