Washington, D.C.--Criticized for pushing a health care reform program costing over $1 trillion, Democrats argued their plan includes cost savings by providing for fewer seniors and more abortions.
These cost savings are acheived by cutting $500 billion from Medicare -- just as baby boomers turn 65 and increase Medicare enrollment by 30% -- and by allowing federally funded abortions.
"I'm not saying we should be dancing on their graves," said one Administration official. "But I have to say those cost-savings at the front and back end do nicely frame our health care plan."
President Obama's "science czar," John Holdren, hailed the cost-control measures. Holdren is the co-author of a 1977 book entitled "Ecoscience: Population, Resources, Environment" that proposed "compulsory sterilization," possibly by spiking water reserves and staple foods with a sterilizing chemical, on the grounds that "To provide a high quality of life for all, there must be fewer people."
Holdren told Letterman, “Nothing irritates me more than the pitter-patter of little carbon footprints.”
Associated articles: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203517304574303903498159292.html; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090722/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul_abortion; http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/21/obamas-science-czar-considered-forced-abortions-sterilization-population-growth/; http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/07/AR2009080703043.html; http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574344900152168372.html; http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/abortion-which-side-is-fabricating/; associated audio (Robert Reich): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4&feature=player_embedded
Saturday, July 25, 2009
- December (12)
- November (20)
- October (21)
- September (22)
- August (22)
- July (24)
- June (20)
- May (27)
- April (25)
- March (48)
- February (30)
- January (34)
- December (29)
- November (24)
- October (38)
- September (19)
- August (16)
- Obama Invites Voters to White House for Kool-Aid S...
- Lawyers Hail Obama's Disparagement of Most Other P...
- White House Points to Lower National Voter Intelli...
- Democrats Cite Health Care Cost Savings of Fewer S...
- Obama Delivers First-Ever "State of Obama" Address...
- President Obama Says “Hold the Mayo”
- Giant U.S. Money Leak Ruins Floors Throughout Chin...
- Obama Appoints Bizarro Economic Policy Communicati...
- Movie Review -- “Return of the Living Constitution...
- White House Furthers Its “Commitment to Transparen...
- Floor of U.S. House of Representatives Redesigned ...
- Obama Signs Executive Order Issuing Blanket Denial...
- School Voucher Opponents Protest Food Stamps Progr...
- White House Defends Use of Electric Cattle Prods a...
- June (14)
- May (11)
- April (13)
- March (12)
- February (6)
- January (5)