Monday, July 5, 2010

Obama Blames Current Problems on Founding Fathers

Shiftown, Arkansas--President Obama spoke to a crowd of supporters today and took the opportunity to explain the context of the crises he faces as the nation's leader.

"People are saying 'where's the change, where's the change?' Now, I've only been in office for a year and half," Obama told the audience. "When I came to the White House, the Constitution already existed. All these separations of powers, the cozy relationship between people who want certain products and those who supply them in a free enterprise system under a limited government, all that was in place when I got here."

"Every day, we're making progress," he continued, "but I have to tell you, the influence of the guys who wrote the Constitution became entrenched, not on my watch, but well before I was even born. It's going to take some time to undo all that."

Associated article: Washington Examiner

Blog Archive