Washington, D.C.--Having run out of options to reenergize his presidency, President Obama used a televised address last night to play air guitar.
White House advisers told the president he needed to simplify his message to a few wild windmill maneuvers and a rockin' heavy metal stance, which they hoped could better further his agenda than alternative communications strategies.
"We decided it was best to let Obama be Obama," said a White House spokesperson. "And that's just what happened last night: the president struck a phony pose, engaged in some theatrics, and pumped his arms in celebration."
- Authorities Nab Notorious Youth Soccer Gang After ...
- Obama Inspires Nation to Find "Bold New Ways to Do...
- Jerry Brown Checks State of California Into Rehab
- Obama Resorts to Air Guitar
- TV Guide
- EPA Regulates Vegetarians as Their Methane Emissio...
- Latest Communications Rage "Twit" Limits Conversat...
- Democrats Demand Stronger Microphone Control Laws ...
- White House Spokesman Spins Out of Control, Lands ...
- Congressman Introduces Bill Based on Posts in Comm...
- Man in Obama T-Shirt Robs Bank Unnoticed
- Very Short Story: The Three "I's"
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2010 (305)